Friday, February 5, 2010

My Home for Four Monthes

Well, since there is nothing in my schedule until Monday, today is a vacation day for me and it has been rather nice. Madame and Monsieur were right on it to make sure I would have things to occupy me today. They are both the natural parenting kind which is rather nice to a foreigner like me. It is the little things like leaving the TV guide at my table place at breakfast today that makes one's experience ridiculously nice. I'm feeling a little spoiled already! So I'll knit, read Le Petit Prince (which I have never read before so finally I've started it in the original French version), watch French DVDs, and head into town about noon for lunch.

IN THE MEANTIME.....finally, I have photos to show off. Today's theme is my home for four months.Below is my bedroom which is rather comfy and because the neighborhood is so nice and quiet, it is really easy to get a good night's sleep.

































And here is the upstairs I share with the youngest son. The other two Peaud children are, of course, at school. Apparently Mathilde, the middle child and only girl, comes almost every weekend back home so I'll get to meet her soon.



The turquoise thing in the photo of the shower is my bathrobe for my stay from my host family. I even have a matching towel!

The toliet is kept in a different room that reminds me of something like a linen closet...but not like in a bad way or anything.


These photos below are the kitchen and living room. As you might imagine the house is nothing vast but it isn't in the least bit cramped.




Here's something different for me! Shoes are somewhat forbidden throughout the house. I keep mine with the family's in the laundry room. Instead, everyone wears slippers. These are the ones I get to wear while I'm here! Hey, they work for what they need to do. What do you all think?


I love how many dogs I've seen! I took this in the morning as the sun was coming up...in 9 in the morning! Illinois's winter looks sunny next to Anger's. I've quickly gotten used to it. I just thought this was cute as I was taking a picture of the house this morning.

4 comments:

  1. hey, can you flush the torlet just by sitting on the seat and leaning your head back? That would be soooo cool. Hope things go better today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The home you are staying in is lovely. The older I get the more I value the qualities of order and simplicity. (Americans have too much stuff!) The Little Prince/Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, has been in my personal library for many years. Initally, I became acquainted with this piece as an avid reader of the extensive diaries/journals of Anne Morrow Lindberg. He was an acquaintence of she and Charles, her husband, and as a insiteful, well-read, philospher-type thinker, she was awstruck by St.Exupery. Hope you enjoy the book....it is quite unique and as applicable today as it was 60 years ago...maybe more so. The American group has not yet matured to the same level you have; and you are certain to extract every once of France you can while you are there. This, after all, is why you went...why not take everything you can....kindred spirits will appear as things evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Liz - your mother forwarded me your blog info and I'm enjoying reading about your experiences. Love the pictures too! You are both a write and photographer!! I'm so excited for you to have the experience of living in Europe as a college student!!!
    Angela S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed the pictures of an unfamiliar place but being able to identify familiar objects within them (e.g., Walden, scarves, shawl). What a simple, but beautiful and clutter-free home. I can see that the home is full of character and charm. How lovely and a wonderful place to live. It makes me want to have a garage sale!! You've been blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Angers, France

Angers, France

About Me

My photo
For this moment in time, I'll just share a quote from Nelson Mandela. I think it sums up what I'm experiencing right now. "If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart."