"...So nice you have to say it twice." to quote Bill Clinton during a visit here.
This week I am staying at my cousin Jessica's place, taking something of a vaca during my spring break here. If I plan on writing long blog entries as I am used to, I realize that I will have to save them on my USB stick and then load them up before coming to the internet cafe. I feel like a true cheap American thinking, "WHAT! I have to pay to use a computer! Nothing at the library? McDonald's is no good either? What on earth!"
And so on.
However, this may be a good thing for me to lessen my internet time. It makes me sleep more, read more, watch International CNN on Jessica' satellite TV (it is the only channel we're aware of that I'll understand), meditate more, and in the case of today, explore and appreciate Baden-Baden more!
Tonight I'm going to seriously sit down and figure out the week because I know myself that if I don't set out a "To-Do" list, I will contently wittle my days away soaking in mineral spas and drinking lattes and beer at cafes. Realizing that this image is not all quite that aweful, I nevertheless only have a week to get to know this place that I now consider the German's best secret ever.
To be continued later with better planning and more euros for internet money.
- Spring Vacation Review (part 3, Provence and goodi...
- Spring Vacation Review (part 2, Strasbourg)
- Spring Vacation Review (part 1, Transportation, An...
- Another List and leaving Avignon Today
- Being in Strasbourg
- Friedrichsbad, something a little different
- Baden-Baden in a little more detail
- Baden-Baden and Me
- Quick Update on the Teacher/Spring Break Thing
- Mardi Café
- Le week-end de Pâques
- Normandy and a lot of other things to tell
- ▼ April (12)