Friday, January 29, 2010

Packing and Pizza

Defiantly take the absence as a sign of me being busy. No adverbs are there for this adjective. Packing, problem solving, paperwork, errands have all been emphasized by the very fact that any and all business, unless done over the Internet, will have to be halted until July 9. There’s a sense of quasi-finality in that.

I have one more full day in the United States and I will not be back for almost half a year, huge event for someone like me who has never traveled like this before. It is exciting and eerie to be spending my birthday, the coming of the Midwestern Spring, the breaking into its hot summer, and finally my country’s day of independence…all in a world I do not really know.

Ah, well, I better just keep it short. I promised Mom I’d be “99.9%” done with my suitcases by the time we go out to eat with the Roth’s. Now there is something to be happy about, Alfonso’s Pizza. Citizens of Greene County may now not their heads in agreement.) Who knew? My favorite pizza is made in the olive oil-fragrant restaurant of a Peruvian immigrant. Do Peruvians have the best-kept secret ever that they make amazing, flavorful pizza? I don’t know, but this one can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angers, France

Angers, France

About Me

My photo
For this moment in time, I'll just share a quote from Nelson Mandela. I think it sums up what I'm experiencing right now. "If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart."